Thursday, November 8, 2007

It's Ok to laugh.

This morning I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I am a “night person” by nature but usually wake up in a good mood.

Not this morning!

It may be the change in time, the cold weather, or maybe I just slept wrong. Whatever the cause, I woke up a little grumpy. My wife must have realized it because she jumped out of bed quicker than normal. Ten minutes later she put a laptop on my bed and said “watch this”. Then she walked out of the room.

With one eye open, I pushed play and watched this video.





Although this is a story about overcoming adversity, by the third time I watched this, I was laughing so hard I was in tears.

Laughter isn't just fun and enjoyable; it's good for our health. Each month modern medicine is discovering more about the therapeutic dimension of humor and laughter.

When we laugh we ...
- Alleviate depression
- Lower our blood pressure;
- Promote relaxation;
- Reduce stress;
- Increase the oxygen level in our blood, giving us more energy;
- Increase the endorphin activity in our body resulting in a sense of well being;
- Are able to keep things in perspective
- Banish boredom;
- Are more attractive - people enjoy being with those who laugh easily and often;
- Immeasurably increase our enjoyment of life.
- People who can laugh at their own problems rise above the pit of self-pity;

they begin to feel uplifted, encouraged, and imbued with a sense of power

Laughter has been called social glue because it bonds us to the people we laugh with. The message is clear ... If it feels good to laugh, then Laugh to feel good.


Too live Better, Laugh more !


So go ahead, hit play one more time, it changed my day and it could change yours.

Do it, you are going to thank me for it :)





No comments: